CAHPERD is a diverse group of individuals whose mission is the “passionate promotion of active and healthy lifestyles.” Members are dedicated to improving programs of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Dance and other related fields. As a CAHPERD member, you will:
- Be entitled to discounted fees for all Association sponsored workshops and conferences, focusing on the professional development needs of the HPERD community.
- Receive all official publications of the Association, including the e-Journal and the e-Newsletter.
- Have a voice in legislative and policy matters. We serve as your representative when speaking to issues before the legislature, the State Board of Education and other government agencies.
- Receive all services of the Association, rendered through its officers, committees and state office staff.
- Be eligible to serve in a variety of leadership roles -- elected and appointed. Included are positions pertaining to specific interest areas, and numerous committees that assist in carrying out the business of the Association.
- Be eligible to vote in annual elections, selecting those members who will lead us into the future!
- Be eligible for scholarships and grants.
We are continually striving to increase and improve member benefits, including negotiated partnerships with companies that provide industry-related goods and services. Look for more information about these offerings in the near future.