Welcome to CAHPERD
If you believe in the importance of your profession to the education of the whole child, the need to support and engage future professionals, the need to keep informing legislators and administrators of the value of our professions in health, physical education, recreation, and dance, and if you want a variety of professional development opportunities that will provide for continued learning, then join the California Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance!
Save the Dates!
November 10-12, 2022
San Jose Marriott
Would you like to share your knowledge at the 51st NAPEC? Be a Presenter!
Call for Presenters
Click the link above to fill out the google form if you are interested in presenting.
Interested Exhibitors: Please reach out to Bruce Davey- [email protected] for more
information on sponsorships and exhibiting.
The 2023 State Conference
will be held
March 9th - 11th at the
Hyatt Santa Clara & Convention Center
5101 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, CA 95054
CAHPERD invites presenters to consider submissions on diverse topics and grade levels that may include, but not limited to the following categories:
- Health Education (comprehensive sexual health education, mental health education, nutrition education, skills-based health education, and current trends of substance use among youth, including Fentanyl)
- Physical Activity (dance, before/after school programming, coaching, sports, recreation, adventure education, and athletics)
- Physical Education (adapted physical education, standards-based physical education, assessment and grading practices, engagement strategies, inclusion in general physical education, and Universal Design for Learning)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (social justice issues, meeting the needs of youth with intersectional identities, LGBTQIA+, trauma-informed education, and critical race studies)
- Professional Learning (collaborating with community-based organizations and local health departments, advocacy efforts, methods to highlight programs, the use of technology to enhance curricula, and other engagement strategies across the education sector)
Please click on the link to access the Electronic Proposal Form, or paste the following URL into your browser: https://forms.gle/5Sma1XZHGgZGmJKU8
Be sure to review the Guidelines for Presenters prior to completing the form. Submission of a proposal indicates that you have read and agree to all terms outlined in those guidelines.
US Games is a proud sponsor
of CAHPERD's Teachers of the Year